About

Hi! My name is Meg and I'm an Australian blogger who is absolutely addicted to reading! I wanted to create a place where I could share my thoughts on books with others and hopefully encourage you to check out some of the books yourself! I'm always open to discuss books and take requests to review books so please feel free to leave comments or shoot me an email at: megstewart23@gmail.com

Follow us on facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

About Me

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Latest News

Friday, May 2, 2014

Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski

I got an advanced copy of this book on netgalley.com (thanks to the lovely publication company for approving my request!) so now I'm here to review it!

This book tells the story of a few different students in the same homeroom that all go to get flu shots one day. And as we all know, its common to get a few reactions when we do get these shots such as headaches and fevers, but what's different about this story is when this group of students wake up the next morning, they realize they did get something from the immunization.The ability to read minds!

These special students now have the ability to read the thoughts of everyone around them and even talk to each other in their heads. While discovering this new power and trying to understand it, will they also be able to keep their secrets under control or handle it when the truth comes out about each other?

When I started the book, I was a little confused because I had to learn about all these new characters and their stories so quickly and I still didn't know whose point of view the story was actually coming from! But don't worry guys, it clearly states at the end of the first chapter that the story is being written by all the characters together who are looking back at what happened and telling the story all together.

I was surprised because I'd never seen a book do that before! Usually certain chapters come from different character's points of view but I'd never heard of a book where the characters apparently all discuss it together! It was definitely refreshing to read something like that and it kept me very intrigued.

All the characters had certain aspects about themselves that were very believable and I think that there was a character in there that everyone could relate to, whether you were as much of a worrier as Olivia or had a bit of a guilty conscience like Mackenzie. But the thing I liked the most, was the different problems and secrets they all encountered from reading minds, some were shocking and others were just TMI which made the book pretty funny.

I sometimes found myself trying to remember certain characters because there were just so many and they all had their own storyline but I soon found myself keeping up pretty well. I also was very satisfied with the ending as I felt it gave me closure and a bit more of an explanation on why the book was being supposedly written by all these characters.

Overall this book took me 3 days to read (I read it mostly at night) and I was pretty happy with it. I also know that there is a sequel coming out for it soon and I will be sure to give that a read when it comes out. I give the book FOUR STARS for keeping me entertained and managing to create an original and interesting storyline for teen readers. That being said I DO RECOMMEND this book for young adults and look forward to seeing it on bookshelves soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

author
Jake Simms
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt utlaoreet dolore.